Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Gloria in Excelsis Deo!!!

I love this painting ... the light, the joy, a meeting of heaven and earth, something that happens at every Mass. After fasting from the Gloria all Advent, I cannot wait for midnight when the bells will ring and we'll raise our voices with the angels to sing the Mass of the Infant Jesus by W.J. Marsh. But before, a few Christmas carols ... here I share just a couple of my favorites: In the Bleak Midwinter and O Holy Night. 
 
Jean Baptiste Marie Pierre
 I only just learned this beautiful prayer and have been reciting it daily since Advent.
 
 Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
 in which the Son of God was born
 of the most pure Virgin Mary,
 at midnight, in Bethlehem, in the piercing cold.
 In that hour vouchsafe, I beseech Thee,
O my God,
 to hear my prayers and grant my desires,
through the merits of Our Savior Jesus Christ,
and of His blessed Mother.
Amen.
 
Merry Christmas!!!
 
 

2 comments:

Mirka Breen said...

Merry Christmas to you and your amazingly loving family, Vijaya

Vijaya said...

Thank you Mirka. I love this time of the year with my family.